Meal Applications

Turn in Applications to:

Page not found...
Meal App Icon

Meal Applications

Free and Reduced Price Meals are available to families who believe they may qualify. If your family chooses to apply please complete a "Free and Reduced Meal Price Application Form." The forms can be obtained and returned (completed) to any school office. You will be notified by mail of your child's status. Until notification you must provide your child with a lunch or lunch money.

Only complete one application per family. The information you give will be used to determine or prove your child's eligibility for free or reduced-priced meals. This information may also be used for other state or federally funded school benefits.

Factors considered in the application process are household size and total household income. HOUSEHOLD SIZE is considered all persons, related or unrelated: Including parents, children, grandparents who live in your home and share living expenses. The TOTAL HOUSEHOLD INCOME is the income each household member received last month before taxes - this includes wages, social security, pension, unemployment, welfare, child support, alimony, and any other cash income.

Foster children are categorically eligible for free meal benefits. An application is not needed yet there does need to be documentation of status by a state or local entity familiar with the child's status. Foster children may be included in the household application as part of the household size.

...Click here to apply for Free and Reduced Meal Benefits online anytime!

What can I do to expedite my applications approval?

  • Fill out the application online completely, print it out, SIGN IT, mail it in or have your student return it to the Cafeteria Office, Main Campus Office or any food service staff member.
  • By Mail:

        Food Service Department
        Red Bluff Union High School
        1260 Union Street
        Red Bluff, CA 96080

  • If you fill out an application by hand, use BLACK or BLUE ink
  • Print Clearly
  • Use your student's name as it appears on their Birth Certificate
  • List all Other Household Members
  • Fill in the last 4 digits of the Social Security Number for the signer or write "NONE"
  • Foster children may complete a separate form. However, regulations now state that Foster children may be included on the household application as part of the household size.

Do I need to fill out a new application each school year?

Yes. All applications MUST be renewed every new school year. You MUST use a Red Bluff Union High School application form for the current school year.

Have the eligibility guidelines changed from last school year?

            Yes. The eligibility guidelines change every year.

Why is it necessary to use the same name as it appears on the Birth Certificate?

The School District uses the birth date and name information from a student's Birth Certificate for all school records. The only way the application can be validated is by using the same information. Nicknames and family abbreviations will slow down the application process.

Do I need to fill out an application for each child?

No. Complete one application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information. Return the completed application to the Food Services Office, the School Office or any Snack Bar window.

Will the information I give be checked?

            Yes. We may ask you to send written proof of the information you give.

If I don't qualify now, may I apply later?

Yes. If your income or circumstances change (ie: number of people in your household) you may apply again.

May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?

You or your children do not have to be a U.S. citizen to qualify your child to receive reduced price or free meals.

Who should I include as members of my household?

Include yourself, all children who live with you and all other people living in your household, related or not (such as grandparents, other relatives or friends).

Whose income must be included on the application?

If you count a person as a household member on the application, their income must also be included.

What if my income is not always the same?

You should list the amount you normally receive BEFORE deductions. For example, if you normally receive $1,000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only got $900, put down that you get $1,000 per month. If you are normally paid for overtime, include it.

Why do you list All Other Household Members?

The consideration for approval of an application is based on income and the number of household members. Therefore, it is required to list all members of the household.

Are applications available in other languages?

Applications are available in English and Spanish. Applications may also be available in other languages.

Why do I need to fill in a Social Security Number and sign the application?

These two sections are required fields and it is very important that these sections be completed. If this information is not completed, the application will be returned to the applicant. However, a change in the regulations now requires only the last four digits of the social security number for the adult signing the application be listed rather than the entire social security number.



Each parent/guardian is encouraged to fill out a meal application to determine if the student qualifies for free or reduced-price meals. If there is no application on file or the student’s status is determined to be “paid,” the student is expected to pay for meals at full price.  Red Bluff High School institutes a "no debt" policy for charged meals.  Thus, any food items that cost $0.01 and above are charged the full price of that meal or snack.  For more information on Red Bluff High School's Charge Meal Policy please click the link below:


Meal Charge Policy